This Program began in 2003 and its main purpose is to research and document the Human Rights' violations experienced by our compatriots inside Kachin State and in northern Shan State where many Kachin people also live. We also research human trafficking, women and health, women and education, and sexual violence inside Burma.
We also seek to preserve and maintain Kachin culture and history through our research and documentation activity, and we provide training in the methodology to KWAT interns on our Internship Program.
- To Research Kachin culture and traditional
- To Research the background history of Kachin Revolution
- To collecting data on Human Right violation focus in Kachin State and Northern Shan State
- To get comprehensive documentation of human rights violations to use for international advocacy
- To raise awareness about the lack of human rights in Kachin State
- To entail input of data into bulletins using the Martus software